MHRCM is equipped to deal with the unique challenges faced by Emergency Medicine Billing. The primary two challenges of Emergency Care Billing are understanding priorities and Coding and Billing accordingly.
We work with your group as an extension of your business and help you focus on the core aspects of your service. Our billing process is designed to be accurate to ensure there are no claim denials. We use a due procedure to seek prior authorization, followed by precise coding and quality checks to guarantee full payment.
Emergency Medicine Services aim to treat injuries and illnesses that require an urgent medical response. It consists of both in-hospital and out-of-hospital treatment provided primarily at the emergency department. Emergency Medicine Services aim to address urgent medical care or timely patient removal to the nearest definitive care.
You can team up with us for the best Emergency Medical Billing Services and long-term partnerships. We incorporate complete transparency to ensure all billing burdens stand removed from your practice.
Unlike other medical practices, Emergency Medicine care is not based on a definitive diagnosis. Billing is complicated when we need to treat the patients for their apparent condition. It also relies heavily on the patient care report prepared when the patient is picked up.
1) The report must not have any errors in specific details of the patient's condition such as Basic Life Support, Mileage Documentation, Advanced Life Support, etc.
2) The chances of denials by emergency care insurers are high with beneficiary signature rules on behalf of the patient.
3) Wrong use of modifiers such as place of origin and destination of the ambulance trip can cause issues with Emergency Medical Billing.
4) Claims verification is necessary to bill the claim properly.
5) Criteria for determining "medical necessity" to determine the level of the bill and various levels of ground and air ambulance services used for rendering the emergency care is crucial information a service provider should be aware of.
6) It is essential to be on top of the rules about Emergency Billing.
7) To avoid walking into the 'fraudulent' category, you need to adhere strictly to HIPAA Compliance related to security, privacy and compliance laws.
8) Commercial insurers have an undeclared policy of increasing patient liability and reducing their reimbursement for Emergency Medicine Billing.
Click & Download
Free Therapy Billing Guide 2022